College Counseling (Naviance)
We are pleased to offer Family Connection, a comprehensive website that you and your student can use to help in planning the college application process. Family Connection is linked with Naviance Succeed, a service that we use to track and analyze data about college plans, so it provides up-to-date information that’s specific to our school.
Family Connection will allow you and your student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Manage the college application process – build lists of schools to which the student is applying, request transcripts and recommendations, have these documents submitted online via eDocs, and keep track of responses from schools.
To visit our school’s Family Connection site, use your browser to connect to:
We also partner with College Summit (www.collegesummit.org) to deliver a college readiness curriculum in 9th and 12th grade English classes.
Test Prep Options
- People’s Test Prep Services (Free) http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~ptps/classes.html
- Method Test Prep (online, $39.99/month): http://www.methodtestprep.com/
- Achieve Learning ($250, 6-8 week class for OSA students): http://achievelearning.org/
- Revolution Prep ($399+, classes, tutoring, online and in person) http://www.revolutionprep.com
- Compass Education Group (personalized tutoring) http://www.compassprep.com/index.shtml